The Just Us League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i'm in heaven || lucy & malcolm

2 posters

Go down

i'm in heaven || lucy & malcolm Empty i'm in heaven || lucy & malcolm

Post by thegirlnamedcrow Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:09 pm

Malcolm was running late, but it was hardly his fault. How could he be expected to show up on time when the infernal girl had insisted upon such an early meeting, and when Honeydukes was on the way to the shop?
     He would make it up to her. In addition to all the sweets he’d purchased for himself, at the last minute he’d thrown a chocolate bar in with his purchase, intending to offer it as a gesture of peace.
     Of course, if she didn’t seem cross with him, he’d just eat the chocolate himself.
     She was waiting for him at a table near the window, looking, Malcolm had to admit, as radiant as ever. Not for the first time, he was grateful to his mother for choosing such a beautiful young woman for him to marry. Lucy was someone he would be proud to dangle off his arm at official functions.
      They’d look damn good together.
     He slipped into his seat, a little out of breath, and cast her a radiant smile.

i'm in heaven || lucy & malcolm Tumblr_inline_naetriFGrI1sa3ulj

–– “Thank you for agreeing to meet here,” Malcolm said, reaching forwards to cover her hand with his own. –– “love this place, but never get a chance to come here – for some reason, Mulce is none too fond of all the pink.”
thegirlnamedcrow
thegirlnamedcrow
Admin

https://justusleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

i'm in heaven || lucy & malcolm Empty Re: i'm in heaven || lucy & malcolm

Post by lindarkness Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:12 am

Her future One True Love, she noted, was fifteen minutes late for their first date.
   She did not, however, allow herself to become annoyed at him yet. The situation was bad enough for her as it was, and she was not about to make it worse by turning her darling betrothed against her yet. In fact, she figured she should be grateful for the additional time his delay gave her to mentally prepare herself for what was to come.
   Her heart was pounding in her throat, and in her hands she held a fresh puddle of sweat.
   Lucy took a deep breath, closed her eyes, and slowly raised her cup of unsweetened cinnamon tea to her mouth. She stopped only for a moment to inhale the scent of it before she took a large, warm sip from it. She needed to be calm now. Her fear would only distract her - and that was the last thing she needed at the moment.
   Finally, she spotted him entering the little shop, and automatically, she adjusted her expression to show him a friendly, and inviting smile. Once he had reached her table, she sat up straight, as well, to indicate that he held her full attention from this point on, and looked him in the eyes with the softest, sweetest look that she could manage without looking ridiculous.
   Even she could not deny that he was, at least, handsome.
i'm in heaven || lucy & malcolm Tumblr_inline_namirtKdnv1scl0kk
   ”It’s beautiful here”, she said, “I used to come here all the time with the other girls just for the delicious tea, so, I reckon I should thank you for the choice of location. You know, most boys don’t have the courage to admit to appreciating the finer things like this”
lindarkness
lindarkness
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thegirlnamedcrow Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:20 am

Good. His fiancée didn’t seem particularly put out at his tardiness – an excellent sign, that. He hated the way most women were so damn prickly about that sort of thing – how did they expect him to do things like show up to dinner on time or remember birthdays and anniversaries? He had his own life to life, his own things to worry about outside of his romantic life. 
      His mother may have done a better job in finding a woman for him than he’d thought. If Lucy understood men well enough not to lose her temper over small things, she might just be the perfect wife for him.
      Also, that meant he probably could keep the extra chocolate bar. 
      At her words, he preened slightly, as though the compliment had been directed towards him, rather than towards his choice of venue. It amounted to the same thing, didn’t it? 
–– “Yes, most boys are just beastly,” he said, shaking his head. –– “They wouldn’t appreciate a good lunch if it were dropped on their head. But I promise you – I know what I deserve from life.”

i'm in heaven || lucy & malcolm Tumblr_inline_nb6r70sJnb1sa3ulj

Realising that he was a step behind her in terms of their meal, he raised a hand and gestured for a nearby waitress to attend to him. As she approached, he turned back to Lucy and smiled. –– “All the girls here know me – don’t worry, my dear, we’ll get the absolute best service, now that they know you’re with me.”
thegirlnamedcrow
thegirlnamedcrow
Admin

https://justusleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lindarkness Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:25 am

Through the years Lucy had perfected the art of getting lost in thought while still keeping up the appearance of perfect attention and sweet, carefree attitudes. She could not have survived long in this world without that skill, and at the very moment she was utilizing it in order to complete her own judgement of her fiancé, evaluate her situation, and try to learn as much about him as possible, while giving away as little as possible about herself.
   It was important that she was as realistic as she could be, and that meant that she had to try and be honest with herself. She had to acknowledge  the temptation she felt to be overly optimistic when it came to him. A part of her just needed  that particular defense mechanism during this while, to paint him as a good man  fir her, if only for the time of their date, so she would not lose her cool. And maybe, that was the right strategy at the moment, but then she also needed to be aware of the rose-coloured-glass she was putting on right now, and be ready to take it of, and critically analyse everything once she was safe and alone again.
    Now, she had to focus on the positives, if only so she could get through this in one piece.
    His body language was confident, but not at all dominant or intimidating. That was a good sign. It was exactly the kind of middle ground she was looking for when it came to the size of a man’s ego. Avery’s confidence appeared to be high enough so she did not expect him to need any excessive coddling or care just to get through the day. He did not appear to be overly shy or nervous when it came to interacting with her, and yet there was no trace of aggression within him.
    He seemed to be thoroughly pleasant, all things considered. Though, of course, this could all just be a show, in the end. Merlin knew, there were enough demons hiding behind sweet faces, and soothing voices out in the world.
   Quickly, she shoved that thought away from her, and took another sip from her cinnamon tea. There was going to be enough time for such evaluations after their date. For now, she had to keep her calm.
i'm in heaven || lucy & malcolm Tumblr_inline_nb6z6sbQaG1scl0kk
   ”Really, there’s no need to fuss over me, dear”, she said, “Your company is enough for me”
    Lucy took another long sip of her tea. This time, the girl was not quite sure if that had been the right thing to say. Would he think her clingy, or even rude for it? Would he understand her words were an invitation to start introducing himself to her? Or worse, would he take her words as an invitation to ask her a questions about herself?
lindarkness
lindarkness
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down