The Just Us League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

welcome to the club || barty & fabian

2 posters

Go down

welcome to the club || barty & fabian Empty welcome to the club || barty & fabian

Post by thegirlnamedcrow Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:26 pm

welcome to the club || barty & fabian Tumblr_inline_nehjakyxDm1s3kbkq

“It’s going to be a great match, Crouch – I promise, 
     you’ll be happy you stuck around for it. In the meantime, 
     we eat. I thought, perhaps – tomato soup?”
thegirlnamedcrow
thegirlnamedcrow
Admin

https://justusleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

welcome to the club || barty & fabian Empty Re: welcome to the club || barty & fabian

Post by lindarkness Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:50 pm

Of course it will be”
   The boy grumbled, darkly, and 
   buried his hands in his pockets.
welcome to the club || barty & fabian Tumblr_inline_nehk9bft6a1s3nbas
   ”Ew… isn’t that cold? Doesn’t this 
   place   have   any   pancakes   or 
   anything decent at least?”
lindarkness
lindarkness
Admin

Back to top Go down

welcome to the club || barty & fabian Empty Re: welcome to the club || barty & fabian

Post by thegirlnamedcrow Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:19 pm

Fabian eyed the boy. “don’t know what kind you’ve 
     been eating, but I’ve always taken my tomato soup piping 
     hot. Still, if that’s not so much to your taste, I’m sure 
     they’ve something you’d find acceptable on the menu.”

welcome to the club || barty & fabian Tumblr_inline_neu8ytWUim1s3kbkq

He wasn’t entirely sure what to make of this sullen
     new recruit. By all accounts he was a talented and bright
     wizard, but he was starting to feel that it wasn’t worth his
     abilities, if he was going to continue being such a sourpuss
     about everything.

Ah well. That was, after all, why they had picked him
     to bring Barty out on his first mission. If anybody could get
     through to him, it was Fabian Reinhard Prewett.
thegirlnamedcrow
thegirlnamedcrow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lindarkness Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:00 pm

Barty let out a disgruntled huff at the man’s response - 
not   for  anything  particular  in  response,   but  he   just 
wanted  to keep  articulating,  as obviously  as  possible 
that he did not like to talk to him, and that he totally knew 
what tomato soup was, thank you very much.
welcome to the club || barty & fabian Tumblr_inline_neua8h2xrp1s3nbas
  “I'll have the waffles then…  with powdered sugar… and… 
with  chocolate  syrup…”,   he said,  as,  surprisingly,   he 
remembered  how Kitty  was always  nagging him to  ’eat 
healthier food’,  and  ’brush his teeth more often’.  The boy 
would  not  have cared  otherwise,  but the man’s  judging 
tone  had  put the words back  into his mind.  He  frowned. 
"…and cherries"
   Nailed it. 
        Cherries were healthy as fuck.
lindarkness
lindarkness
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thegirlnamedcrow Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:04 pm

With each successive topping that Barty requested, Fabian's eyebrows crept ever upwards, contorting his face into what had to be a pretty damn humorous caricature of surprise.

Merlin's pants, how old was this kid supposed to be? Eighteen at least, wasn't he? Surely that was far too old to be ordering like a toddler. Hell, even Fabian had realised that perhaps his mum might have had a point in forcing him to choke down his vegetables after eating nothing but sweets for his first three weeks at Hogwarts. 

Whatever. Perhaps the boy's digestive system was remarkably indiscriminate. More power too him.

welcome to the club || barty & fabian Laughi10

As their server departed, Fabian chuckled, allowing his face to relax into good-natured amusement. “You really don't fuck around, do you?” he said, smiling brightly. “I can see you know how to prep for a big match.”
thegirlnamedcrow
thegirlnamedcrow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lindarkness Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:29 pm

For how much sugar the boy had just ordered, the expression he was fixating the man with at that moment was surprisingly sour. His eyes were pressed together in a glare, made slightly darker by the way he deliberately lowered his head to enhance its effect. The scowl he wore made him look as though he had just bitten into a whole lemon, and eaten it raw.
welcome to the club || barty & fabian Tumblr15
  What was it with people and their constant need to give him the bad eye for his dietary choices? What was it with them looking at his life in general and thinking it was somehow their place to comment on? Surely, with some people who he actually considered part of his life.
  This guy, however, was just irritating.
  "What's it to you?"
lindarkness
lindarkness
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thegirlnamedcrow Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:47 pm

What the hell was wrong with this kid?

No, seriously, what the hell was wrong with him? Fabian had never met someone so dead set on not getting along with him as the boy was, and that was really saying something. He had managed to upset and impressive number of people over the course of his life – no doubt the result of him being just a little too handsome, a bit too charming for people to handle – but in the past, whether he had been ducking a punch thrown by a rabid Arrows fan or trying to avoid getting decked by the terrifyingly massive and furious bloke whose girlfriend he'd been chatting up, he always managed to find a way to diffuse the situation eventually. It was something of a gift of his – he just knew how to talk to people. And yet, the harder he pushed, the more the Crouch boy pulled away. 

Perhaps this was a task too great even for him, the incomparable Fabian Reinhard Prewett.

He grinned inwardly. Now that was ridiculous. What was he, some cowering Hufflepuff giving up at the first sign of trouble? Pah. He was better than that – he simply had to find the right approach.

His friendly overtures had been rebuffed; continuing down that path would make little sense. Instead, he dropped the smile and said, “Look, Crouch – I get it. You don't like me. You don't want to be here. I have no idea what I did to land me on your shit list so quickly, but whatever. I really don't care.” That was a lie, but hopefully was one that the boy would swallow without question. “Fact of the matter is, we're going to be seeing a lot more of each other, and today we're stuck together at least until the match is over, unless you've decided that my company is unbearable enough to justify skipping out on the sodding English finals.”

welcome to the club || barty & fabian Curlli11

After taking a long breath, he looked Crouch straight in the eyes. “It's up to you, mate – you can keep up the sulking and the attitude and basically make sure that we both have a terrible time, or you can at least pretend to be civil with me until we get to the stadium, enjoy the free ticket, and watch some damn Quidditch. Who knows? You might even enjoy yourself.”
thegirlnamedcrow
thegirlnamedcrow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lindarkness Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:41 pm

It took Barty a long while before he let himself react to the words in any way. He wasn't quite sure what to make of them, all in all, and was both annoyed and confused about how the man had chosen to interpret his behaviour toward him.
       "Well, I was going to try to pretend you're a broomstick or something but then you started talking", he wrinkled his nose and shook his head in a show of mock-disgust, "And, like... smiling. That's kind of creepy, you know that, right?"
       As soon as he had let these sentences out, murmured and petulant, the boy was already regretting his wording; it had exposed him. For a moment he had forgotten who he was speaking to and why they were there - an easy task for his mind, being distracted by waffles and Quidditch as it was. Now that he had regained himself, however, he could feel his cheeks growing red with embarrassment. He did not want the man  - and by extension, the Order - to think him so easily spooked. 
       "I mean the way you're acting - it's just all weird. That's what I mean." He started to justify himself, despite the fact that he was not usually one to say statements such as his first one with all too much seriousness behind it, despite the fact that he didn't think he had done anything he needed to justify himself for. 
       Briefly, Barty glanced back over his shoulder to the waiter, before he turned his attention back to the older man and crossed his arms. He knew that he had... somewhat of a point in what he said, even if the boy only grudgingly admitted that to himself. To antagonise him in a way that would turn the man permanently hostile toward him wasn't exactly a good idea in his position.
       And yet, another part of him still refused to get away from this interaction as a loser, being spoken to as though he was an errant child who refused to eat his vegetables. He didn't want to give in to him just yet. 
welcome to the club || barty & fabian Tumblr18
       "I care about what's happening later. Not so much about talking to you", he said, "And I won't spend the rest of the day grinning at you, if that's what you want - Why are you so sensitive anyhow? It's not like I was insulting you or anything"
lindarkness
lindarkness
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down