The Just Us League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

split || hermia & phoebe || 1 september 1997 || CLOSED

2 posters

Go down

split || hermia & phoebe || 1 september 1997 || CLOSED Empty split || hermia & phoebe || 1 september 1997 || CLOSED

Post by thegirlnamedcrow Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:18 pm

“What the hell, Hermie, what the actual hell. Hufflepuff? We were going to be together! We’re supposed to be twins, and you get yourself sorted into stupid Hufflepuff.”
split || hermia & phoebe || 1 september 1997 || CLOSED Tumblr_inline_nguy4zPxa21s90tvc

“Dad’s going to be so disappointed in you.”

Last edited by thegirlnamedcrow on Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
thegirlnamedcrow
thegirlnamedcrow
Admin

https://justusleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

split || hermia & phoebe || 1 september 1997 || CLOSED Empty Re: split || hermia & phoebe || 1 september 1997 || CLOSED

Post by lindarkness Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:24 pm

“That’s not true! Lainey’s in Hufflepuff, too, and nobody ever got mad at her when she went to Hufflepuff! It’s so stupid, you’re the one who all wanted to be like, like, like… not like that, and now you’re in Gryffindor!”
split || hermia & phoebe || 1 september 1997 || CLOSED Tumblr_inline_nguyslutzI1s90whx
    “If you were in Hufflepuff, we could have all been together, but with Lainey, too!”
lindarkness
lindarkness
Admin

Back to top Go down

split || hermia & phoebe || 1 september 1997 || CLOSED Empty Re: split || hermia & phoebe || 1 september 1997 || CLOSED

Post by thegirlnamedcrow Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:30 pm

“That’s different! Lainey’s like Mum – she’s in Hufflepuff because she’s a good person. You’re there because there’s nowhere else for you. You’re not brave or sly or clever enough to go anywhere else. I know it, the Sorting Hat knew it, and Mum and Dad are gonna know it too.”

split || hermia & phoebe || 1 september 1997 || CLOSED Tumblr_inline_nguz5lIsTn1s90tvc

“Like I’d want to be a stupid Hufflepuff like you. I asked the Hat to put me in Gryffindor. I could’ve been in Hufflepuff if I wanted, but I didn’t, because I’m not stupid and useless like you!”
thegirlnamedcrow
thegirlnamedcrow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lindarkness Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:36 pm

Anything she might have wanted to say, to add to her previous argument, was slowly, and painfully dissolved wit the acid of her sister’s worlds. She had wanted to bring up their mother, how she could have been proud of her, so why wasn’t Phoebe, too? She had wanted to bring up Gus and Lainey - how they were in different houses, but could still be close with each other. How it wasn’t her fault she wasn’t in the same house with her.
   But none of that mattered now.
   What was she supposed to say to that? Because the truth was that her sister was right. She knew herself, and with that she knew that she wasn’t… anything really. There was nothing special about her, and the Sorting had just given further proof of that. But really, she had known it all along.
   She was just a stupid, weak little girl who couldn’t even get her own family to like her, just because there wasn’t anything likable about her. What was the point of her even being there?
split || hermia & phoebe || 1 september 1997 || CLOSED Tumblr_inline_ngv0o9zIN61s90whx
   ”You’re lying”, she said, weakly, too focused on fighting her tears to be able to put any real force behind her argument, “I’m… I’m hard working. That’s why I’m here. You’re just… mean”
lindarkness
lindarkness
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thegirlnamedcrow Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:51 pm

Phoebe knew her sister well enough to recognise the signs of Hermia being close to tears. Good. Let her cry. She sodding deserved to be upset.

Though Phoebe would never have admitted it, not even to Gus, there were tears burning in her eyes as well. She had thought that things would be different now that they were away from home and Mum's judgmental gaze. She'd thought that they could be close now that they had the freedom to do as they pleased, that they could finally be like Dad and Uncle Gideon. She'd thought that...

Never mind what she'd thought. She'd obviously been wrong.

Hermia had let her down again, just as she always did. Phoebe didn't know why she kept believing that things could possibly change; it was obvious that Hermia didn't care about her at all, and resting her hopes on someone like that was almost guaranteed to end in pain.

In that moment, Phoebe resolved never to let her sister hurt her like that again. Hermia didn't love her. That was just the way things were. It wasn't fair, but Mum and Dad had warned her that life wasn't fair, and she was finally beginning to see the truth of their words. She could mope over the situation for the rest of her life, or she could accept reality and move forwards.

Phoebe had never been one for keeping still. 

“Why would I lie?” Phoebe's tone was harsh, mocking. “I don't need to make things up about you, Hermie. You're worse than anything I could ever come up with.”

split || hermia & phoebe || 1 september 1997 || CLOSED Quirkm10

If she was going to cut her ties, she was going to start now. There was no point in clinging to the past. 
thegirlnamedcrow
thegirlnamedcrow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lindarkness Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:36 pm

"I haven't done... I haven't done anything for you to be mad at me for", she said, her voice growing more desperate with each passing thought. The child could feel her nose swell up from the building of tears, snot, and misery inside of her. This was Phoebe telling her this, her twin sister who spend more time with her in her life than anyone else. Phoebe knew her - could see right through her, could see how much she was worth. And Hermia knew the answer just as well.
But, no, she could not cry. If she cried, it would mean that she had lost and that she would never be able to escape her sister's words. If she cried now, Phoebe would only see it as an admission of defeat, and she could not let that happen. She had to prove her wrong.
split || hermia & phoebe || 1 september 1997 || CLOSED Jordan10
"When I was there, I didn't ask for anything at all. I thought you....", the girl swallowed hard as the rest of her sentence disappeared in the rough sound of choking back her tears. Hermia could no longer look at her sister, then, for - Merlin, Phoebe had been right, and the tears that were swelling up inside her right now were witness to her weakness, to her inferiority. And though her cheeks were still dry, she knew that she had already lost.
"Y-you... you... you...", she choked out heavily,her voice hardly able to contain the meaning of her words. The girl had wanted to sound biting, angry, just as mean and hurtful as Phoebe was being to her right now, but instead, all that she managed was a pathetic whimper. "You should be in Slytherin for how m-mean you are."
And with that, the last pieces of her self-control shattered right there, and the child broke out in loud, messy sobs, burying her face in her hands, just so Phoebe wouldn't be able to see her, anymore.
lindarkness
lindarkness
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thegirlnamedcrow Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:49 pm

Phoebe was no longer willing to acknowledge anything her sister said. Sure, she certainly heard Hermia's protests that she'd done nothing wrong, but she would neither accept nor respond to her words. Hermia had surrendered her right to a voice, as far as Phoebe was concerned.

She crossed her arms and cast her sister a disdainful sneer. “Bollocks. Absolute bollocks.”

For a moment, Phoebe simply watched as her sister rapidly dissolved into tears, feeling a strange mix of triumph and disgust. As the first sobs burst from Hermia, a wicked grin stretched across Phoebe's lips, and internally she was reveling at having finally pushed her past the breaking point.

split || hermia & phoebe || 1 september 1997 || CLOSED Smile210

“That's right,” she spat. “Cry like the pathetic, worthless bitch that you are. People are staring, you know – go on, show them exactly what you are. Better that they know what they're in for now, before you have a chance to do any real harm.”

With that, Phoebe turned on her heel and stomped off, ignoring the pressure building up behind her own eyes. She wouldn't cry. She had nothing to cry about.
thegirlnamedcrow
thegirlnamedcrow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down