The Just Us League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

do you know what you wish? || lucy & the witch

2 posters

Go down

do you know what you wish? || lucy & the witch Empty do you know what you wish? || lucy & the witch

Post by thegirlnamedcrow Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:37 pm

“Your eyes are sad.
    Your heart is heavy. No one with a face so
    lovely should hold so much sorrow.”

do you know what you wish? || lucy & the witch Tumblr_inline_nh6gi9xxHu1t7ubpo

“I can help ––
    for a price, of course. But I can assure you,
    it will be worth it.”
thegirlnamedcrow
thegirlnamedcrow
Admin

https://justusleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

do you know what you wish? || lucy & the witch Empty Re: do you know what you wish? || lucy & the witch

Post by lindarkness Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:14 pm

To say I doubt your intention would not be enough. 
I’ve heard of the way of you witches. You will grant 
me what I say I want, but not what I mean to imply.”

do you know what you wish? || lucy & the witch Tumblr_inline_nh7g09flGm1scl0kk
Tell me—  How will you achieve what you offer me?
          Will you take away my eyes, so I cannot cry? 
          Will you remove my tongue, so I cannot wail? 
 Or will you cut out my heart, so I can feel no more?

You cannot get me what you mean to offer. No force 
on this earth can do that”
lindarkness
lindarkness
Admin

Back to top Go down

do you know what you wish? || lucy & the witch Empty Re: do you know what you wish? || lucy & the witch

Post by thegirlnamedcrow Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:18 pm

“Your heart is broken.
               I see it in your eyes, in your false smile, can hear
               it in your voice. Someone has hurt you, hurt you 
               in the deepest way one human can hurt another. 
               Who  was it, I wonder? A  strapping  woodsman, 
               perhaps,    or    a   handsome   prince,   with     a 
               beautiful face and a careless heart.   But no –– it 
               is not that sort of hurt. I t goes deeper than mere
               love affairs. The person who did this to you is so
               much closer than a man could ever get.”

do you know what you wish? || lucy & the witch Tumblr_inline_nh7hq1gOH61t7ubpo

“I will fix you.
               Do not doubt me, pretty one –– I have my ways. 
               Do as I ask, and I promise you, your pain will be
               gone. Tell me what you wish, and I will deliver.”

Last edited by Evil!Iris on Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
thegirlnamedcrow
thegirlnamedcrow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lindarkness Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:19 pm

Her breath caught in her throat as the Witch  was drawing closer to her with every word, the space between them was cut shorter, her heart beating faster and faster. Under the witches’ gaze, the girl felt utterly weak, helpless, and exposed.
   She had been caught alone, in the woods, in a position that clearly gave away her current condition. The Witch had caught her unguarded, and without preparation. Her deductions about her now were simple ones that any fool could have made just by looking at her puffy eyes, and listening to her crying. None of them had any substance to them.
   None except for the last.
do you know what you wish? || lucy & the witch Tumblr_inline_nh7m36LYyE1scl0kk
   The girl swallowed hard, and for once she did not mask her expression in any way - too much had she given away, already, to bother with it, too caught up in her own thoughts, she were, to think of hiding her internal conflict.
   It would be too much to hope for, to listen to the witches’ promises, too painful to even consider the thought. Reason dictated that she much have been deceiving her, presenting an offer too good to be true, just to catch her in her claws.
   And yet.. and yet…
   ”I will not be deluded by you”
   That was the first thing she said, straight from her mind, as words freely spoken. Still, there were others, trapped within her heart, violently tearing at her soul to frce themselves out.
   ”I wish my sister would forgive me”
lindarkness
lindarkness
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thegirlnamedcrow Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:20 pm

The girl didn’t need to voice her mistrust for the Witch to sense it. She could see it in her defensive posture, could hear it in her cautious voice.

Given how obvious she was making the whole thing, actually explicitly accusing the Witch of deceit almost seemed rude, especially given that she was being so kind as to offer the miserable wretch all that her heart desired. Sure, in all fairness the Witch was withholding crucial information about exactly what she planned to do to grant Lucy’s wish, and to some that might seem a bit deceitful, but that was no excuse.

People simply had no manners these days. 

Well. That was beside the point. If the Witch could stand being called a ‘cabbage-headed fart-monster’ by the village children, she could stand being called a liar if it meant getting what she wanted from the girl. And she would get what she wanted – despite the girl’s hesitance, the Witch had seen enough of humanity to understand just how powerful stirrings of the heart were, how easily they could change the path of a person’s behavior. The Witch had Lucy right where she wanted – a dumb mule, chasing after a carrot dangling from a stick.

“Your sister,” she said, voice mockingly sing-song. “Your sister. You must bereally terrible, if your own sister won’t forgive your wrongs. This could be more difficult than I’d initially thought.” 

do you know what you wish? || lucy & the witch Tumblr_inline_nj0nhf5Ef51t7ubpo

Before Lucy could say a word, the Witch held up a hand. “Still, if that is what you wish, it shall come to pass. Tomorrow at high noon, you will meet me at the river’s fork – alone, mind you, or I will leave – and, I guarantee, you shall have your sister back.” The Witch smiled, not caring that the expression, on her wizened and apparently rather sinister face, was about as far from reassuring as one could get. The smile wasn’t for Lucy, in any case.

She allowed herself a moment of delighted anticipation before refocusing her attention to the matter at hand. Lucy was not yet in her grasp, and preparations had to be made if they were to successfully carry out her intended spell. 

“Take me to this sister of yours. Now, if you don’t mind.”
thegirlnamedcrow
thegirlnamedcrow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lindarkness Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:59 am

As soon as she understood the Witches mockery, a speech had 
already been composed in protest of it, for there were so many things she wanted to say. For some reason, it seemed important to her that she convinced the Witch of the purity of her intentions, to let her know that her sister was stubborn, and that she could not presume to know their circumstance.

All words died in her throat.

The delicate bristling of her skin, the sweet sharpness of her
breath,held still in her lungs, was threatening to overwhelm her sense of composure. Her knees, already starting to shake, were sore underneath the weight of her temptation. Her voice was lost to her, at the prospect of being led into the Witches lure, and yet, deep down, the girl knew that all her attempts were in vain, that she would give in sooner or later. 
       Why should she not?

For a moment the young woman indulged herself in the image of her sister, her 
expression warm and compassionate as she held her hand, without shyness, without apprehension. She could see it in front of her more clearly than the outline of the Witch, even, for her heart was gone to travel her thoughts, and it was a picture of memory, not imagination. What would she not give to see this image become reality once again, to restore what had so suddenly been lost?

The faint hope for her sister's forgiveness was all and everything that Lucy needed to give herself a reason to live. 
do you know what you wish? || lucy & the witch Tumblr20

Yet, the rational side of her insisted that the path she had set herself out to was 
a mistake, that there was a danger in it that she could not afford to face - and as she looked up again, the reason why became clear to her. There was the Witch, wearing a dark, menacing grimace masquerading as a smile, her voice hoarse and eerie as she spoke of magic and rituals, and demanded to be taken to her sister. 

Her teeth were bare, like a wolf staring down its prey. 
The smell of her mouth was rotten.

Of course there was danger in this bargain - the woman was a Witch, after all, 
and there was no shortage of good reasons for why such magic was treated with scrutiny by most in the kingdom. Deaths, transformations, curses and plagues - there was no shortage of terrifying stories accompanying the world of magic. She, more than anyone else should know to steer clear from such folk. 

Lucy imagined her sister with open arms, ready to embrace her once more.

"I... H-how can I trust you won't hurt her if I take you to her?", her voice was 
shaking, as she spoke to her, "How can I be sure no harm will come to her as a result of your magics? I... I will not take you to her with only your words and platitudes - I want either proof  or an oath and your blood if you break it"
lindarkness
lindarkness
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down