The Just Us League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the same i tell kings and queens || barty & the witch

2 posters

Go down

the same i tell kings and queens || barty & the witch Empty the same i tell kings and queens || barty & the witch

Post by thegirlnamedcrow Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:25 pm

“If you know what’s good for you,
                 you’ll  back away from the rutabaga, apologize, and  never
                 return here.”

the same i tell kings and queens || barty & the witch Tumblr_inline_nh85k2qBeO1t7ubpo

“Go on, child ––
                 Don’t make me ask again. I have a rather nasty headache,
                 and really am in no mood to bother turning you to stone.”
thegirlnamedcrow
thegirlnamedcrow
Admin

https://justusleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

the same i tell kings and queens || barty & the witch Empty Re: the same i tell kings and queens || barty & the witch

Post by lindarkness Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:23 am

The boy, as soon as he heard the Witches’ words, and saw her approach, promptly pulled out the large vegetable from its roots, and held it up with both hands for her to see. In his young age, he did not have the good sense for apprehension yet.
   They had told him that if he took something from the Witches garden, she would grant him a favour, just to get it back from him.
the same i tell kings and queens || barty & the witch Tumblr_inline_nh8gznFPE51s3nbas
   ”Teach me how to become a dragon!”
lindarkness
lindarkness
Admin

Back to top Go down

the same i tell kings and queens || barty & the witch Empty Re: the same i tell kings and queens || barty & the witch

Post by thegirlnamedcrow Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:50 am

The Witch’s momentary fury at the boy’s defilement of 
     her garden (how dare he steal from her!Did he not know who 
     she was? She, who struck fear into the fights of emperors and 
     kings, whose magic shook the sky and split the earth, who 
     could reduce the insolent little twerp to a pile of dust with the 
     snap of her fingers? No? No!?) suddenly receded – it was not 
     forgotten, exactly, but  simply tucked away safely for later – 
     to be replaced by astonished silence.

The Witch had seen things in her life that pushed the 
     boundaries of belief – things that would have twisted lesser 
     minds past insanity and into deepest hell. Rarely had any 
     phenomenon rendered her speechless, and yet there she 
     stood, entirely robbed of words, gaping at the small child.

the same i tell kings and queens || barty & the witch Tumblr_inline_nh8i3voChV1t7ubpo

It took several long moments before she was able to 
     find her voice.

“I beg your pardon?”
thegirlnamedcrow
thegirlnamedcrow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lindarkness Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:52 am

”I wanna be a dragon!”, he shouted, “But, like, a big one, not one of those weird, tiny lizards things! A real dragon! Oh - and I want to fly, and have fire, and all that stuff. And legs. Like a big dragon with fire and legs and wings! Woosh!”
   At this, the boy flailed his arms in the air, most likely, trying to imitate a flying motion, though it would’ve been hard to guess if you hadn’t listened to his words. In the middle of that motion, however, he dropped the lump of vegetable from his hands, and dropped it on his head.
   Still, he did not let that mishap keep him from continuing on with his mission. Rubbing his temples, he picked the vegetable up again and proceeded to wave it around in the air. He wanted to make her completely aware of the situation he had placed her in, though he knew better than to step any closer to the Witch, less she snatch the vegetable back from him, and make all his efforts go to naught.
the same i tell kings and queens || barty & the witch Tumblr_inline_nhacjj7KBJ1s3nbas
   ”You can make me a dragon or I will eat this vegetable right now!”
lindarkness
lindarkness
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thegirlnamedcrow Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:52 am

What on earth was the child doing? With all his jumping
               around, waving the root hither and thither, he was
               going to seriously injure himself. Not that she particularly
               minded, obviously – the child could eat nightshade for all
               she cared – but she felt that at least somebody should 
               pay attention to the boy’s behavior.

the same i tell kings and queens || barty & the witch Tumblr_inline_nhbf0zbSqj1t7ubpo

She really did not have the energy to deal with this right
               now. With a wave of her claw, she said,

“So you eat the vegetable ––
               from the looks of it, you could do with more greens and
               fewer sweets. I doubt a bit of rutabaga will kill you.”
thegirlnamedcrow
thegirlnamedcrow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lindarkness Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:55 am

”What?”

His face shifted, his brow furrowed, and he blinked at her several times before any part of him finally thought to break the silence, and he slowly lowered the vegetable down from over his head. The hesitation and confusion within him was more than obvious as he took a few steps forward  to her.

”Do you, uh… do you not want your rubatoga back?”, he asked, “But… but it’s your vegetable”

the same i tell kings and queens || barty & the witch Tumblr_inline_nhbpouUnoR1s3nbas
  None of this made any sense to the boy. his entire plan, his grand and cunning scheme to become a dragon and fly over the lands had been foiled by that Witch, as it had hinged on her being desperate to get back anything he would take from her garden. Now, he was lost.

”But I wanna be a dragon”
lindarkness
lindarkness
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thegirlnamedcrow Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:26 am

Well, that was just great. The village children had obviously begun making up stories about her again, and this little dolt, obviously a few peas short of a pod, had been foolish enough to believe the lies.
          No, she did not, in fact, go about granting wishes to secure the return of a single unripe rutabaga, just as there had been no truth to the rumors that she had a false eye that could see the future (both of her eyes, though myopic, were very much her own, thank you very much), or that she had vast amounts of gold buried in the garden (did they really think she’d be foolish enough to bury her gold when she could simply lock it in a chest?), or that she melted on contact with water (the ridiculousness of that one had initially amused her, until some juvenile invader, dimmer than the rest and dead set on vanquishing her, had broken in while she slept and emptied a bucket of icy water over her head).
          Honestly, did these infernal brats know anything about how magic worked?
          And the worst of it was that she couldn’t exactly just blast the child from the face of the earth or impress him into her service as punishment. Well, she could – she certainly had the power to do so – but parents tended to be so protective of their offspring, and she really didn’t fancy the idea of inciting any of the villagers to rise up against her. She could handle them, obviously, but having to focus on defending her property would waste an awful lot of time. She was not a fighter; she was simply a solitary old woman with a garden to tend. Who happened to be able to shake the earth with a simple snap of her fingers.
          Still, it was’t as though she could just let the boy go – if word got around that someone had trespassed into her garden without consequence, she would never have any peace. She would have to come up with something.

the same i tell kings and queens || barty & the witch Tumblr_inline_nhq7irCpDd1t7ubpo

“And I wanted to enjoy a well-deserved night’s rest after a long day tending the garden, but we don’t always get what we want, do we?” The Witch crossed her arms. “will not turn you into a dragon, rutabaga or not, so you can get that ridiculous idea out of your head. What you should consider is whether you’d prefer to spend the next week working in my garden or cleaning my workshop as your punishment.”
          That, she thought, was a suitable punishment. She would talk to the boy’s parents, explain the nature of his crime, and threaten to curse their family if the boy did not complete his penance. Minimal fuss, and nobody’s garden had to be stormed by an angry mob.
thegirlnamedcrow
thegirlnamedcrow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lindarkness Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:05 pm

It appeared that the boy had encountered a minor setback in his cunning plan to turn into a magnificent dragon and burn all those who stood against him into a crisp. For once, the Witch didn't seem all too impressed with the way he had managed to find a way into her very home, and successfully taken hostage a plant from her garden, despite all the rumours how much she loved all things that grew there.
Now that he was thinking about it, he sort of wanted to ask her if it was true that she would tell every single plant in her garden goodnight before she went to bed each day - really wouldn't it take way too much time to do that, with, like, the grass and all that - but he decided to let it go for now. He had other things to focus for the moment.
Like turning into a dragon.
the same i tell kings and queens || barty & the witch Tumblr13
The problem was, however, that the witch didn't seem particularly keen on granting him that wish with how she was going on about how he was going to pay for his supposed crimes, or whatever, and how she wanted him to like, do stuff for her, and work in her garden or something.
He couldn't let that happen, of course. She was a witch, and he was a young boy - Barty wasn't stupid. He knew exactly what witches did to boys like him, and that she would probably not stop at just making him work for her a while (not that he really wanted to do that, either). Clearly, this was part of an evil scheme of hers to try and eat him.
Seeing the opportunity quite literally in his hand, the child steadied his legs, and threw the vegetable as hard as he could into the general direction of the witch, and promptly started to run away toward the fence. He didn't look back for long enough to see if he had hit his mark with his improvised weapon as he jumped over the fence.
With a big thump, he landed on his backside.
lindarkness
lindarkness
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down