The Just Us League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mirror, mirror || lucy & malcolm

2 posters

Go down

mirror, mirror || lucy & malcolm Empty mirror, mirror || lucy & malcolm

Post by thegirlnamedcrow Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:08 pm

–– “You are, without a doubt, the most beautiful woman here, my love. I saw you speaking to Mrs Lestrange earlier – even she seemed jealous of you tonight.”

mirror, mirror || lucy & malcolm Tumblr_inline_nbwow4mUNR1sa3ulj
thegirlnamedcrow
thegirlnamedcrow
Admin

https://justusleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

mirror, mirror || lucy & malcolm Empty Re: mirror, mirror || lucy & malcolm

Post by lindarkness Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:44 pm

mirror, mirror || lucy & malcolm Tumblr_inline_nbwp5cT1I81scl0kk
”Mrs. Lestrange seemed much more taken by you, my love. I rather enjoyed listening to her going on about how sweet, charming and brilliant you are”
lindarkness
lindarkness
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thegirlnamedcrow Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:18 am

–– “Did she really say that? Huh! I always got the impression – never mind, it’s not important. I’m so glad to see that the two of you are becoming friends.”

mirror, mirror || lucy & malcolm Tumblr_inline_nbwpcpoWp01sa3ulj

–– “I do hope that you’re enjoying yourself, my sweet. Tonight is about you, you know – about our love, about our future together, and I want it to be a night you’ll remember for the rest of our lives.”
thegirlnamedcrow
thegirlnamedcrow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lindarkness Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:09 pm

”Indeed she did - I was a little surprised, too. You know, she always seemed a little more aloof, but I hear some people have a hard time openly expressing their affection for people in front of them, and Mrs: Lestrange seemed like someone to me who would prefer to keep a more serious demeanor, so it’s probably that. You know what they say - the coldest facade will often hide a heart of gold”
mirror, mirror || lucy & malcolm Tumblr_inline_nbwptplUXA1scl0kk
  “Oh darling, aren’t you the sweetest thing? But don’t worry abut me - this is your day, too”
lindarkness
lindarkness
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thegirlnamedcrow Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:24 pm

If there was a heart of gold tucked away somewhere in the Lestrange bitch, it was very, very well hidden. Still, Malcolm’s fear of her was more powerful than the vague notion that he should probably start being truthful with the woman he would make his wife, and so he simply said, “Well, it’s just grand to know that such an important woman is quite lovely in person. I’ll have to go have a nice little chat with her later, won’t I?”
          Fat chance.

mirror, mirror || lucy & malcolm Tumblr_inline_nhbu6bjPfB1sa3ulj

Seeing the opportunity to score some points with his Lucy, Malcolm decided to whip out a compliment he’d stumbled across in the romantic guide Blood and Roses: The Sanguineous Lover’s Guide to Wedding, Bedding, and Everything In Between that Mulce had been nice enough to give him. Stand-up bloke, Mulce – always looking out for him. “If I am sweet, my darling, it is only because you are sweeter still –– the honey that runs through your veins enthralls me, captivates me, and has my old heart bursting with need for you.”
          Nailed it.
thegirlnamedcrow
thegirlnamedcrow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lindarkness Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:37 pm

Oh, there’s no reason for that, my dear”, she said, smiling, “I’m sure you’re tired from all that standing around , and the evening is just yet starting to blossom. Why tire yourself out any more than you need when you have me to entertain you for now? Take it easy - you’ll need that energy for later.”
   Truth be told, she didn’t really want him to talk to all too many people there - if it had been within her power, she wouldn’t have wanted him to talk to anyone at all beside herself, but as that was impossible, her goal was to reduce the damage he’d do to just the bare minimum.
   Her fiance, in addition to being well… blond and blue-eyed, as the saying went, appeared to suffer from somewhat of a social ineptitude. Granted, it wasn’t as glaring an issue as it was with her sister, and he would probably be fine in most day-to-day situations, but today, she needed to keep an eye on him.
   There were dangerous guests within those walls.
mirror, mirror || lucy & malcolm Tumblr_inline_nhc4u6VyOL1scl0kk
   His next words, however, sewed her lips tightly shut, and wiped any thought she might have had in that moment off of her mind completely. Dear Merlin!
   If she had been sipping on any drink right then, its entire component would have been spilled on his face, and snorted out messily through her nose in a fit of uncontrollable laughter. But like this, Lucy was able to keep her lips together, in a tight line. Still, no force on this earth would have been able to keep the grin in her from spreading over her expression, the warm blood from filling her cheeks.
   She was not going to laugh.
   It took her a while to calm down, but after a few deep breaths, the young woman was sure she had suppressed the urge to break down into giggles, and thus, found it safe to speak again.
   ”Oh… oh my dear.. not… not right now.”, she said, grinning at him like an idiot before she looked down to hide her reaction, “What will our guests think?”
lindarkness
lindarkness
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thegirlnamedcrow Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:34 pm

When Lucy did not immediately urge him towards the Lestrange terror, Malcolm knew that his mother had found the perfect woman for him to marry. When she then went so far as to actually advise against engaging the harpy in conversation, Malcolm was momentarily convinced that she had found his soulmate.
          It was not love that had his heart swelling fit to burst in his ribcage, but rather the promise of it. Throughout the brief course of their engagement, there had been little opportunity for Malcolm to develop anything like genuine feelings of affection for the woman he was preparing to make his wife. 
          He found her beautiful – of course he did, anyone with eyes could see that she was beyond stunning – but beyond that he knew very little of who she was. They were seldom alone together, and on the rare occasions that they were left to their own devices, the newness and formality of their current relationship prevented much in the way of intimacy. He had yet to even kiss her properly, beyond polite pecks to the cheek and hand. He could only imagine the feel of her lips against his, the warmth of her body in his arms, the weight of her breasts in his hands…
          He should probably stop imagining that immediately, or things could get embarrassing
          Besides, at this particular moment, it was another sort of intimacy that was currently occupying Malcolm’s thoughts. Emotional intimacy.
          In all honesty, he hadn’t spent very much time considering how he and Lucy would get along on a personal level. It simply wasn’t important to him – marriage had seemed like more of an obligation than a triumph, and his appreciation of his bride-to-be had hitherto been almost exclusively physical. In all honesty, he’d expected to fall into the same sort of practical, pleasant, but altogether distant marriage enjoyed by most purebloods, but now, for the first time, he both wanted and believed that he could have something more.
          It took a moment for him to realise why such a simple suggestion on her part was having such a profound effect on him. Lucy’s words had made him feel cared for, as though there was someone out there who was looking out for him, making sure that he came to no harm. And limited though her power over the circumstances surround his life was, he appreciated her efforts immensely. 
          His mother cared for him and had always done her best to protect him, but she was limited. Her inability to leave the house and otherwise engage in his life meant that, for the most part, Malcolm was left to his own devices. With Lucy, though, he felt as though he would have someone present in all aspects of his life there to help him when needed.
          Well. Almost all aspects of his life. Guiltily, his thoughts turned towards the false bottom in his dresser that hid his mask and hooded robes. No, he would not expose his Lucy to the reality of his situation.
          Malcolm suddenly realised that, lost in thought as he had been, he had been staring absently at his fiancée, unspeaking but smiling. With a small shake of his head, he forced himself to focus. 
          “You’re right, of course,” he said, gracing her with a genuine smile. “I’ve rather worn myself out already, trying to keep so many lovely people entertained. I think, if you don’t mind, I’ll stay with you for a tick. Having you at my side fills me with such strength, my love – I hardly know what to do with myself.”
          That last bit was another quote from one of Mulce’s books. Really, he would have to write his friend as soon as the party was finished to let him know just how much use he’d managed out of the presents. 
          And Merlin, were the lines working. In the light of his first statement, an incredible transformation had come across Lucy. Her smile, always perfect but generally so reserved, had an honesty in it that Malcolm had never before seen in her. Her eyes were bright, and the vibrant flush spreading across her cheeks brought life to her otherwise pallid face. She was no longer simply beautiful, but positively radiant, shining, and as appealing a woman as Malcolm had ever encountered.
          There was only one explanation for that expression.
          Lust.
          It was obvious that Lucy wanted him at least as much as he wanted her, and dammit if her desire wasn’t the sexiest thing he’d seen in years.
          Thank you, Mulce. Thank you!
          He was slightly confused at her words – how had she managed to take his statement like that? He had simply meant to convey his appreciation for her, but obviously she had taken his innocuous words as indication of baser drives.
          He could have chuckled, but satisfied himself with a small smile. It was actually incredibly endearing, how her need for him had overcome her usual decorum.

mirror, mirror || lucy & malcolm Smilin12

With a definite note of fondness in his voice, Malcolm said, “Somebody’s keen. As much as I would dearly love to discuss those things with you at the moment, I think your mind is drifting towards topics best left behind bedroom doors, if you get my meaning. Shall we discuss something else, my pet?”
thegirlnamedcrow
thegirlnamedcrow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lindarkness Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:30 pm

The silence that followed their little exchange was an easy one, one that didn't linger on her mind for too long, or added any kind of flavor to the atmosphere. It was simply the natural end of a conversation, a soft way for their words to comfortable fade away and make room for them to grow from it, with no further explanation required.
       This was a good sign, she decided - that they were able to stand in silence like that without making it a chore. Of course, the young woman had no illusions about the potential of their developing relationship, nor the purpose that it served. The fact that they could stand next to each other without experiencing any great pain didn't make them a good couple, didn't give them any kind of chemistry, didn't even make them friends. There was nothing romantic about her estimation.
       It was a matter of practicality with this. It provided her the opportunity to be alone with her thoughts, for once, to reflect on the circumstances, and gather her composure without standing out as a social outcast. It created room enough for her to regain complete control of herself. And lastly, it provided an escape from the escapades of the evening. Although, it was a matter of course that she couldn't just spend the entire rest of the event in the corner, silently standing around her fiance, but for now, it was as good as anything. 
       This was not to say that she disliked her fiance, or that she found him unattractive, or off-putting. Quite to the contrary - For the little time she had spend in careful analysis and evaluation of him, she had quickly come to a surprisingly positive assessment of Mr. Avery, which was something she had not expected to happen when she had first learned of her upcoming marriage. His entire demeanour was soft, and incredibly easy to take in, without raising her suspicious by being too quiet, or reserved. He was delightfully flashy, ridiculous, and very queer in his behaviour, which in turn made her feel quite entertained in his company, the blunt simplicity of which she found both soothing and endearing.
       Yet, it wasn't enough.
       Of herself, she knew that she would never love her darling Malcolm in the way that a married woman was ought to love her husband. Amusing though his little remark had been, it spoke volumes of just how harmless she had found him to be that she had reacted with laughter, instead of discomfort, for the young woman was no stranger to the cold, nauseating feeling that overcame her whenever she was faced with the prospect of being touched in such manner, of a man's hand, rough, icy and calloused, tracing over her skin, uncovering her secrets, leaving faint traces of blood behind... A certain pallor threatened to overcome her features at the thought, and Lucy quickly worked to regain herself, placing the soft hint of a new smile on to her features. It would do her no good to dwell on that now.
       Beyond the fleshly, she knew that she would never be able to develop feelings for him that ventured any further than light-hearted fondness, a sort of easy, friendly affection. And, considering the circumstances, she was fine with this prospect - it was, after all, the best case that she had imagined for herself. More than that, the girl was glad that she was so secure in her knowledge that he would never gain that kind of passion, that kind of regard from her. Love was something that meant a lot to her, she craved to bring it out in other people, planned to bring it out in her fiance as well, but in herself, she had always been aware of how utterly vulnerable the feeling left her. As such, she only reserved it to the most special of souls, those who truly deserved so much more than just her love, and so much more that she could not give them. She would not want the meaning of that to lessen, by giving the full force of her passion out to someone like him.
       In her life, she had loved two people, no more. The first was her sister, her beautiful, kind, caring sister. Of her she knew that she was safely tucked away at their home, with no means to escape, and no way for anyone else to find out about her. She missed her dearly, but Lucy knew that it was only for her own good. Her second love had been another girl, one who had swept her away at once and left her with a sense of longing entirely unfamiliar to her. Of her she knew that she had left, and would never come back to her. Maybe, she told herself, it was better that way. [ ] 
       Of Malcolm, she knew, that he would never find that out. 
       Time only could tell whether they would be able to get to know each other during the period of their marriage - or more specifically, whether she would be able to get to know him, for she had no intention of letting the man get as close to her as she wanted to get close to him, if only to get a proper picture of his mind, enough of it to be able to predict his moods and manners. Thankfully enough, she knew how to keep people at bay, and getting someone to talk had never been much of a problem for Lucy.
mirror, mirror || lucy & malcolm Tumblr16
       Although she had not expected him to pick up the conversation again after such a long period of silence, the girl quickly adjusted, and gave him a warm, welcoming smile. "Your company isn't too bad either, my dear", she said, allowing a warm hint of amusement to colour her voice, "Have you had anything to drink yet?"
       The things he was saying to her, she was guessing he was at least a little bit tipsy at this point. She better keep her eyes on in, lest he decided to do anything to extravagant. Still, she couldn't quite blame him entirely. Merlin knew, she could use a glass of wine after all these festivities were over. 
       "Keen? My, what an interesting to put it. But, trust me, no one here wants to change the topic more than I do", she said, with a slight giggle, "What do you think of the evening so far?"
lindarkness
lindarkness
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down